If you are hungry, please do not keep reading this post 🙂 It’s a bad, bad idea.
If you’re not hungry, keep reading.
I’ve always been in love with prawns – that’s a known fact. The other day at the supermarket, I came across large prawns and had to have them. I contemplated making this Prawn, Spinach and Tomato Curry that I had made once awhile back. If the name of the dish itself does not tempt you, then we need to look at a photo of it, right?
This dish is really quick and easy to make. It does not have a lot of gravy. I like it because I don’t have to make a side dish of veggies to go with it as it already has spinach in it. I served it with plain white rice, but I’m sure it will go well with chappatis, pita, naan bread or wholewheat tortillas.
I like eating vegetarian dishes from time to time – just for fun because some dishes are so tasty you don’t even need the meat in it. This is one of those dishes. It doesn’t take more than 30 minutes to make:
- Chop some mushrooms – I usually use Champignon.
- Fry the mushrooms with olive oil, some chopped onion and a bit of garlic.
- Add some herbs and spices to the mushroom while it’s cooking – I usually use rosemary, thyme, a pinch of basil, some paprika, and some pepper. I skip salt because I’m going to add feta cheese in the pita later.
- While the mushroom is cooking, slice pita in half to make pockets and spread a little bit of garlic butter in the pockets.
- Warm the pita in the oven.
- Once pita is warm, remove from the oven and fill with mushroom mixture, crumbled feta cheese and rocket.
This is a really tasty meal and I see myself making it often, especially on days when I need a quick bite.