Make Parsnip Fries. Seriously🙂 This picture does not do justice to the taste of these fries.
I got the recipe from here. It would probably have tasted better had I used Almond Butter but I didn’t have any. If you’re like me and constantly have to trick yourself to eating healthy stuff – these fries are a very good substitute for french fries (that are bad for the waistline).
If you don’t want to click that link, here’s what I did:
- Peel and slice two parsnips into strips
- Place the strips into a bowl and add a few teaspoons of olive oil and 3 tablespoons of peanut butter (I used the crunchy type)
- Add a dash of salt
- Mix the contents of the bowl well to ensure that the parsnip strips are evenly coated with the batter – this is a bit tricky because you’ll get peanut butter all over your hands🙂
- Place in an oven pre-heated at 200 C
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or so depending on how crunchy you want the fries to be
I always walk around the supermarket looking for new stuff to experiment with. I have seen parsnips before but had no idea what to do with them. Here’s what fresh parsnip looks like: