I haven’t really blogged in the past few days as I’m not feeling awesome. I’m not sick or anything, I just feel a bit bummed out by a few events and have to many thoughts on my mind:
- A beauty product company misquoted my blog post and made it seem like I was endorsing their product. When I first found out I was mildly surprised and thought I’d laugh it off but as I read their post, I realized that I was being misquoted and it seemed like I was endorsing their product. So, I guess I won’t be reviewing much products anymore from now on as I realise I don’t want to have a beauty blog – just a normal journal style one where I can write anything I like. I got them to remove their blog post – but the disappointment remains. Kind of makes me very apprehensive about what I blog. Another thing I realized is that I probably should start watermarking my images and putting up a Disclaimer to scare away people with little knowledge of blogger rights and ownership.
- I’m having a hard time finding a new foundation – I know, this sounds really shallow but I have to apply good makeup to go to work, I deal with a lot of people everyday and my confidence comes from looking good. I’m really keen to try out a different type of foundation, preferably one without silicone and such but it’s just impossible to find. The one store that might carry it has moved to a much smaller premise and I don’t think they will have that brand anymore. The other mainstream makeup stores here just do not have a shade that matches my skin tone. I tried to talk to their customer service representative about it hoping I could convince them to order my shades – but we were just going around in circles. They ended up recommending me the very brand that I am using right now – and I just felt so disappointed with the lack of service as I used to shop in that store very often. I also used to buy gift cards for my female friends from that store. Now my only option is to buy something that might work on one of my travels. Did I mention this store did not want to give me samples to try out, either?
- I also found out that some companies will not ship nail polishes to where I live – as they are flammable. Wow, that is news to me 🙂
- I’m in the process of seeing a doctor to figure out my skin – I would love to have clearer skin so I have to work towards that.
- I’ve been trying to up my gym frequency and intensity with hopes of losing weight. It’s working to a certain extent but it’s not easy.
- I’m trying to figure out my career path and see what is it I really want to do. Being a tech writer is awesome but it’s such a specialized, niche type of job that it can be very frustrating when you’re stagnant. One thing I do know is that I really, really want to write. Beyond that, I’m not sure.
- It seems I need 250 hours of language lessons to qualify for a PR here. So I have to work towards that. I have about 42 hours accumulated so far.
- I’m a little homesick – I normally don’t like to admit this because I know I made the decision to move and live here, etc… but it sucks that every year I have to plan how much time I can spend with my family where they live and such. It’s kind of difficult to say “I can only spend 18 days with you guys this visit”.. you know? I feel very heartless saying that. I have 3 very, very cute nieces and 1 small nephew as well and it really sucks to not be able to be around them and such. I guess that’s the price of being an expatriate. You’re not quite here – not quite there. The more you live away from home, the more your personality changes and eventually you’re not exactly who you thought you were anymore – if that makes any sense.
I don’t know – this year has started out in a very strange manner. I’m optimistic that things will look up – but for now I’m going to be a little bit more quiet I guess 🙂