I usually write a reflection post around the end of the year or the beginning of the next year. I’ve been traveling, hence the delay. This is what I wrote last year.
Can you believe the year has passed so fast? I found 2011 so challenging. I was rolling with the punches constantly, trying to grab every single opportunity that came my way.
So..what happened in 2011?
- I switched jobs and am quite content with my current one. I don’t think there is such a thing as a perfect job – you just have to learn to change what is within your influence and tolerate/accept the rest. Though, having said that, I feel very grateful for what I have, career-wise.
- I travelled a whole lot more than I expected: Trondheim, Berlin, Malaysia, Indonesia, London, India (Chennai), Washington State, Ueberlingen/Konstanz, and New York. I had so much fun on these trips and actually accumulated so much frequent flying miles to retain the benefits my favourite airlines provides me with. I guess the only “person” who did not enjoy these trips is my bank account 🙂 I’m really grateful for being able to travel so much and experience the world. The travels have inadvertently contributed to some serious packing skills 🙂
- The bf and I still get along really well. Seriously he’s the only person with enough patience to deal with my crazies. He’s also a lot of fun to travel with. If we miss a flight or have to run to our boarding gate, we don’t get angry about it. Usually we just laugh it off or sooth our anger with chocolate 🙂 [though these days it’s Larabars]
- I’ve managed to increase the intensity of my workouts at the gym – though with some minor setbacks like tendinitis and muscle ache. It’s gotten much better though 🙂 I’ve also become quite strong lately; having to carry my laptop to and from work is no longer an effort these days. Even luggage lifting is less difficult.
- My skin has improved to a certain extent. I’m not acne-free, but I get a lot less pimples than I used to. I’m also less obsessed with it, seems to work better that way.
- I’ve become a much calmer person. I remember getting angry more frequently years ago. These days I’m more sad and annoyed, rather than angry. I guess the years are definitely catching up 🙂
- I have a much more pleasant relationship with my sisters: seriously we almost never disagree or argue any more. It’s precious to me as I barely get to see them. I guess we just got older and learned the art of patience 🙂
- I’ve found make up addiction. Sometimes the simple thought of ‘What eyeshadow to wear?’ actually gets me out of bed. It’s that much fun. I’ve also met some really cool women out there who have wonderful tastes in make up and although they are enablers, I couldn’t ask for better online make up experts. I’ve also noticed makeup is a great way to start a conversation. A lot of retail assistants at beauty stores have started talking to me because of a particular eyeshadow colour/look I was wearing.
Overall, I couldn’t ask for more. I hope you had a good year last year and 2012 will be just as good or even better. Here’s some food for thought 🙂