I mentioned recently that I was going to go to London to renew my passport. It was a fruitful trip as I managed to kill many birds with one stone. The bf and I did the following:
- Renewed my passport – it took barely half a day. I gave the forms and documents they wanted by 11am (we waited about two hours there) and was asked to pick the passport up at 3.15pm. By 4pm I was leaving the building with my new passport.
- Met up with M (my really nice friends whom I’ve known for ages). He was too kind to meet up with us at Westfield despite being so jet lagged from his travels to New Zealand. You know you’ve found a true friend when he drags himself out of his apartment despite being really jet lagged and proceeds to shop with you in Westfield.
- Met up with S & J. S is technically my distant cousin who got married recently to J. They’re having an Indian wedding back home in July. I really hope I can attend it. It would be really nice, but let’s see how things pan out. The four of us had dinner at Jamie’s Italian at Leicester Square. Honestly I was too hungry to take any photographs of the food but let’s just say it was heaven. The highlight of that evening? Getting a table for 4 in Jamie Oliver’s Italian Restaurant with no wait or reservation. Talk about luck 🙂
- Ate at Dishoom – twice, no less. Now you probably already know that the bf and I love that restaurant. We had their Berry Biryani, Pav Bhaji, Paneer Tikka, Naan, and Dhaba Chicken. Oh, and their House Chai is delicious. Someday I am so going to order their Chocolate Chai.
- Visited Boot’s, Selfridges, MAC Cosmetics, the Apple store, GAP, Crumpler, sigh 🙂
Now Boot’s pharmacy sells some of the best skin care products out there like E45. E45 is what I use for my eczema prone skin (Currently it is healing wonderfully well thanks to a combination of E45, Weleda, Oilatum, Clarins and Rituals…someday I shall show you my skincare arsenal.) and the products cost almost nothing in the UK but is non-existent in Norway. It was even more fun to go to Boot’s that week as they were having a 3 for 2 deal on assorted skincare items. I got tons of E45 cream and lotion along with two of No 7’s dry oil. It seems dry oil is very moisturizing. I had no idea. I intend to try it out this Spring/Summer. I hope it keeps my parched skin hydrated. We shall see 🙂
The Tim Tam cookies and Freddo chocolate were gifts from M who brought them all the way from New Zealand. Sigh, the things our friends do for us 🙂
The Rituals store has some of the best shower foams ever. They’re called “foamsensation”. They’re like shaving gel that foams up when in contact with water but they’re so kind to sensitive skin like mine and smell divine. Of course it didn’t help that there was a 2 for 8GBP deal that week. Gotta love a bargain 🙂
Somewhere in that photograph above is Laura Mercier’s Eye Kohl Pencil in Stormy Grey. Karen recommended it to me (since I am a sucker for the colour grey) and I found it at Selfridges. KarlaSugar has some nice swatches of Laura Mercier’s Eye Kohl Pencils here.