It’s been a trying month. In some ways I am so glad June is ending because it’s been a really rough month with so many things happening simultaneously. It’s like the universe is pulling me in so many directions and I don’t know which way to go.
I spent a huge amount of time this month doing the following:
- Taking care of my skin – Seriously my skin has been rebelling like crazy. I have gone off these antibiotics that I was on, off and on, for the past two years or so. My Mom wasn’t very happy about me being on antibiotics for so long as she said it could weaken my system on the inside. I figured she had a point, so I completely stopped my antibiotics. The first month was rough. No skincare product in my stash worked. My favourite cleanser was acting strange and my beloved Advanced Night Repair was just not working. To add insult to injury, La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo gave me a face full (OK, maybe two-thirds? I can’t help it okay, I have a big face.) of bumps that later turned into whiteheads. Talk about adding insult to injury! The only thing that could calm my skin then was fresh yoghurt. Some days I mixed it with honey. It was so soothing. Then, the wonderful London trip happened and the universe gave me Udo’s Choice Ultimate Oil Blend. I was at Liberty, trying to find skincare that Caroline Hirons had been recommending on her skincare blog and ended up spending a bit more than 100 quid. Not everything was for me – some things were for friends. When the sales assistant gave me my shopping bag, she gave me another bag as well. A slightly heavy paper bag full of goodies. She mentioned that it was a Gift With Purchase. I had no idea that it was a special day at Liberty but then again there were waiters offering me champagne – I should have guessed. The thing about not drinking alcohol is that all these “perks” kind of slip away unnoticed 🙂 Udo’s Choice Ultimate Oil Blend was one of the precious things in this paper bag. I’ve been taking this oil for the past 6 weeks and my skin is slowly healing. It doesn’t look amazing – yet – but I shall give it time.
- Cleaning out my apartment – I’m still nowhere near done packing but the place has been listed on the rental market and I sat around while the viewing was held. It’s very weird when people view an apartment that you lived in for almost 5 years. You have tons of people coming in and sitting everywhere. Using your precious makeup storage chest of drawers as a table, etc. It’s quite nerve wracking if you’re the type who loves your things a little too much — like me. On the upside, in about a month I would have moved out. This time, next month, the professional cleaners will be cleaning the apartment. It’s going to be surreal to move. Alas, nothing is forever. The only constant in life is change itself, I hear.
- Trying really hard to eat healthy. I love sugar. I just don’t say it out loud and constantly pretend like I don’t because I know it’s wrong. The only thing I love more than sugar is bread. But sugar and milk reek havoc on my skin so I’ve always had a love-hate relationship with both ingredients and I constantly battle the urge to eat them. It’s been a bit easier to cut milk lately as I’ve been keeping almond milk and rice milk in the fridge. The sugar part is getting slightly easier as I try to eat a bit cleaner than I usually do. I’m slowly cutting out all my pastries, swapping them for fruit instead. I usually drink 3-4 lattes a week. I’m going to try to reduce it to 1-2 lattes instead. Let’s see how that goes.
- Working. Enough said.
- Hunting for lighting and storage ideas for the next apartment. The fiancee already lives in the apartment that I will move into once we get registered here. But it’s not really fully furnished yet. There are some things missing and we have been spending most of our weekends walking around furniture and lighting shops, looking for “the lamp” and “the sink”. It’s been interesting, nevertheless as we realize that we do have very similar tastes – aesthetically pleasing yet functional. We found 1 lamp and have 2 more to look for. The sink is something that we are still deliberating on. If being an adult is picking out a sink instead of a handbag – I think I can do that 🙂
- Trying really hard not to travel. With the wedding just a year away, it’s become our second most important priority. The first one being furnishing the house. I’ve been resisting all these travel e-mails that come my way. It’s been really difficult as I love to travel. But traveling is not cheap and I need to save my vacation days for a trip to Malaysia end of this year to do more wedding planning.
So there, that’s what I’ve been up to, hence the radio silence 🙂