$47 – liberty.co.uk
Lately I’ve been using some items frequently and I figured it’s time for a new Current Favourites post. So, here goes:
- Tarte Cosmetics Airbrush Finish Foundation Brush – Sometime last year, I asked the fiancee to get me this brush from Sephora. It has now become my favourite foundation brush in the whole world. I don’t say this lightly. I have sensitive, acne prone skin and applying foundation is my secret to leaving the house looking presentable. This brush buffs foundation like nobody’s business – it works wonderfully well with liquid foundation with medium coverage. I hadn’t been using this often enough but recently, I rediscovered it and have been loving it.
- Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara in Noir – I read about this mascara recently and decided to get it when I was traveling, at duty free (like most of my makeup purchases). It has a flexible wand and application is a wee bit tricky. I usually remove the excess at the rim of the tube or dab it against a clean tissue first as I’m not a huge fan of clumpy lashes. But on application, it’s really pretty. This mascara does not smudge, flake, or run. I don’t think it is marketed as waterproof but it lasts all day on me.
- Swatch Deep Shine Green – The fiancee got me this when we were in Paris last Fall. There’s a Swatch store on Champs Elysees and we went in for fun and came out with a watch each. The glitter in the strap is a nice detail. I’ve been wearing this a bit lately and I love the silicone strap. It’s so comfortable you barely notice it.
- NARS Sheer Glow in Macao – I got my first bottle of NARS Sheer Glow about two years ago I believe. It was a balm June afternoon, the fiancee and I were in Liberty of London perusing NARS cosmetics. OK, I was looking at the NARS products and he was dutifully standing nearby being all patient and supportive 🙂 I asked the makeup artiste to apply it for me and the shade was perfect. You gotta love NARS and his beautiful colour range. So, I got a bottle of this and since then I have finished it and got a second bottle. While clearing up my apartment recently (more on that later) I rediscovered this bottle. I have a few bottles of foundation that I rotate with depending on the weather and the primer I’m using (and how naughty my skin is that day) so I don’t always use this NARS. That said, it is a beautiful foundation with a nice medium coverage. It blends very well and sets properly. I do use a setting power (either a NARS or Laura Mercier, sometimes MAC’s Mineralize Skinfinish) and it lasts a full work day on me. My skin has changed lately, becoming more dry, and this foundation really gives it life.
- Nike Dunk Sky Hi Wedge Sneakers – I know, I know, Wedge sneakers are a bit too hyped up and common ever since Isabel Marant designed hers. I won’t lie, I was thinking they looked a bit weird until Sheena on Twitter mentioned that she got the New York limited edition version. I was a bit curious but didn’t feel like splurging on the limited edition version, so I asked the fiancee to try to get it while he was in the US. I contemplated ordering it online but he was leaving soon and said it might not be a good idea. So on a whim, I sent him a link and he managed to find some spare minutes to dash into the store and pick it up. When he came back to Norway and I met him the next day to pick up my ‘stash’, I was shocked to see it in orange. I had asked for the black version. It seems the link I gave him showed the orange version (gah!) but once I put them on – I was in love. These shoes are quite comfortable for work. I wouldn’t wear them for a full day out as they do sometimes rub against my little toe, but just for going to work and coming home, they are perfect. I’m tempted to get the black pair, but we shall see.
- Ray-Ban RB2132 New Wayfarers – I love Ray-Ban because they are really comfortable and timeless. But, in Norway, Ray-Bans are not cheap. I was lucky enough to spot this pair in a mall in KL (Bukit Tinggi I believe?) and it was on 40% discount. I hadn’t bought a pair of sunglasses since 2011 so I figured it was time. I tried on two versions of this sunglasses: a slightly smaller one and a bigger one. I think these are the 52mm ones. I *might* be wrong but I know I always buy what they call the “Medium” sized ones. My frame is black rubber and the lenses are green tinted. They are extremely comfortable and do not really colour your view. You just get less glare.